But of course I needed to make it super difficult for myself so I decided to mix things up a bit by:
- Redraw all the characters so that everyone is uniform and front on
- Include the Doctors from all of the series
- Make the game more accessible as a Guess Who game for non-Whovians (i.e. make sure there’s more than two of each of the following: male, female, hat, tie, glasses, and other typical Guess Who questions)
- Try to make the cards look as close to the original cards as possible
- Do all of this by said friend’s birthday
Spoiler: I didn’t finish this by my friend’s birthday. Or by Christmas. It was more of an early Valentines/late birthday/Christmas gift in the end, but it was all worth it.
I might post some better photos of the finished product later, but for now these camera phone shots will suffice. Happy late Birthday/Christmas/early Valentines, Ness!
This is amazing! You’re a great illustrator :)
Whiteboards are remarkable.
I HAD TO REBLOG THIS A SECOND TIME BECAUSE I JUST REALIZED ITS A PUN AND NOW I FEEL STUPID
I didn’t realize it was a pun until it was pointed out, I just thought 23,000 people were really passionate about whiteboards
there’s something really interesting in this passage that I wanted to point out
Trelawney assumes that Harry was born in midwinter because of his “dark hair” and “mean stature” and “tragic losses so young in life”
Tom Riddle was born in midwinter, is describe in CoS as resembling Harry, and his mother died right after his birth
Harry has a piece of Voldemort’s soul in him
that’s why Trelawney made that assumption
I pointed this out in my Harry Potter class today and everyone started yelling and about five people told me to go to hell
this was so confusing when i first read it because i’m australian and in australia july IS midwinter
but hold on HARRY POTTER CLASS?